Study 1

The client was looking for assistance, in finding another secretary to replace the current one, as he did not feel the current one was meeting the requirements of the job at present.

Solution: I performed a training needs Analysis of the Staff compared to the job and person specifications.  Found the work the Owner of the Business wanted the staff to do, were not included in the job and person specifications.  The owner then rewrote the job and person specifications for each position, for when they decide to employ staff in the future.

Rather than spending money on the recruiting process, Staff were offered further training to help them work towards achieving the outcomes the Manager wanted to occur.

Happy Manager, meant Happy Staff, and staff were able to keep their jobs.

Study 2

Client was having cashflow concerns, e.g wondering why it seemed they were always working, and yet the money did not appear to be in their bank account, therefore falling behind in some debts in which the business had.

Solution:   I audited his work/job task sheets against his account program.  Found 20% of his clients, for the 6-month period had not been invoiced for the work done, Invoices were soon raised, and a letter sent to the client explaining the situation.

He then wrote a terms of payment policy, for his clients to work with, instead of being 30days from the end of the month, everything is not 14 days maximum, although a deposit to cover items for the job are now included in the policy.

I then changed his Chart of Accounts in his account program, so he could see which services he was offering was performing the best, and then also ensured he knew the profit margin for each job he was carrying out.

Phone Scott 0414558261, or email sales@sghbusiness.com.au

Case Study 5

The client contacted me, as his factory was broken into 3 times in one month. Which was frustrating for them, as they had just replaced everything, and then something occurred? They were confused as to why this kept happening, considering after the first break in, they updated their security system with glass break detectors, and a couple of extra sensors for the factory.

Solution :  I performed a Security and Risk Assessment of the factory.

Recommended a few changes, including new stronger locks on the doors, Moving computer systems and other electronic items away from the windows, I noticed the alarm sensor did not cover a small area in the office near the front door, so this was moved.

Extra security lights, which operate on a sensor, to be added to the external side of the premises.  We looked at the Bushes outside the premises and discussed trimming of such bushes so the external doors and windows can be seen by cars/walkers passing by.

We discussed Security camera’s, (CCTV) which could be useful, and although would not prevent the break in’s, they may help to apprehend the offenders, if the cameras were suitable for night-time. We discussed the purposes of Night-time security Patrols, and how they operate.

I then completed a Business Continuity Plan for the client, which including regular backing up of computer data, so the factory still had the information available, should their computers be stolen in the future.

We discussed Rollers shutters may be worth considering, depending on council requirements etc, which may protect the windows etc.

Phone Scott 0414558261, or email sales@sghbusiness.com.au